Cigna Foundation to Donate Up to $300,000 to Help Those Affected by the Coronavirus
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., March 3, 2020 -- The Cigna Foundation today announced that it will commit up to $300,000 to support the needs of patients and health care providers directly impacted by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Cigna Foundation has made a $250,000 USD donation to philanthropic partner, Give2Asia, for its work with local nonprofits that support comprehensive relief efforts, ranging from distributing much-needed medical supplies to providing longer-term mental health support for front-line health care workers.
"We are deeply concerned for those impacted by the coronavirus. We hope this donation to Give2Asia can provide some relief to both the health care providers tending to patients and those inflicted as they recover," said Susan Stith, executive director of the Cigna Foundation.
To empower employees looking to contribute, the Cigna Foundation has established a matching fund, dollar for dollar, up to $50,000 USD, with all donations by Cigna employees going to support Give2Asia.
About the Cigna Foundation
The Cigna Foundation, established in 1962, is a private foundation funded by contributions from Cigna Corporation (NYSE:CI) and its subsidiaries. The Cigna Foundation supports organizations sharing its commitment to enhancing the health of individuals and families, and the well-being of their communities, with a special focus on those communities where Cigna employees live and work.
1 (860) 902-4906
SOURCE Cigna Foundation
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Makes It Easier For Hospitals To Focus On COVID-19 By Helping Accelerate Patient Transfers
- Cigna Expands Benefits To Support And Protect Its Workforce In Response To COVID-19
- Cigna Corporation Announces Pricing Terms of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Corporation Announces Early Results of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Takes Additional Actions To Protect Customers And Communities Against COVID-19
- Cigna Covers Cost Of Coronavirus Tests For Customers